- This event has passed.
March 12 - March 16
Commission on Narcotic Drugs
The sixty-first session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND61)will be held at the Vienna International Centre (VIC), Wagramer Strasse 5, 1220 Vienna.
The session will open on Monday, March 12, 2018, at 10 a.m. at the Plenary Hall, on the first floor of the M-Building. The Committee of the Whole of the Commission will begin its work on Monday, March 12, 2018, at 3 p.m. in Board Room A of the M-Building.
The annotated provisional agenda and proposed organization of work are contained in document E/CN.7/2018/1, which is available on the website of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) for the Commission’s sixty-first session.
The CND’s draft resolutions can be accessed here. Among the resolutions discussed are the following:
- Protecting children from illicit drug threat
- Preparations for the sixty-second session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, in 2019
- Strengthening efforts to prevent drug use in educational settings
- Promoting the implementation of the United Nations Guiding Principles on Alternative Development and related commitments on alternative development and regional, interregional and international cooperation on development-oriented, balanced drug control policy addressing socioeconomic issues
- Recognizing the needs of vulnerable populations in addressing the world drug problem
- Removing stigma as a barrier to the availability and delivery of health, care and social services for people who use drugs
The official program, including side events, can be downloaded here.