- This event has passed.
International Health Policy Conference 2017
February 16 - February 19
London School of Economics Health & Social Care will host the inaugural International Health Policy Conference at the LSE from February 16-19, 2017.
This unique conference seeks to bring together academics and policy-makers from a wide range of disciplines to take a multi-disciplinary approach to key health and social care issues.
The organizers expect a range of disciplines to be represented at the conference, grouped within five themes, including, but not limited to, health economics, political science, law, demography, epidemiology, sociology, and psychology.
- Theme 1: International health systems: Health systems financing; international health reforms; global health and sustainable development; performance measurement; and health inequalities.
- Theme 2: Social care and mental health: Economic aspects of community care, residential and nursing home provision, long-term care finance, and mental health policy.
- Theme 3: Regulation and assessment of health technologies: Assessment of pharmaceuticals and medical devices; sustainability of health care financing; economic access to health technologies; and pharmaceutical policy.
- Theme 4: Behaviour: Understanding and changing behaviour at the individual and population level; role of behavioural insights in public policy making.
- Theme 5: Population Studies: Aging; life course, socio-economic and intergenerational influences on individual and population health.
The conference will take place at the London School of Economics & Political Science (LSE), Houghton Street, London, WC2A 2AE.