- This event has passed.
April 4 - April 7
World Congress On Public Health 2017
The World Congress on Public Health (WCPH) is held every 2 to 4 years by the World Federation of Public Health Associations (WFPHA) and it attracts between 2,000 to 4,000 delegates.
The Congress serves as an international forum for the exchange of knowledge and experiences on key public health issues, contributing towards protecting and promoting public health at a national and global level.
This Congress aims to improve public health by:
- Engaging diverse voices, ideas, vision and actions of committed professionals and citizens to strengthen and transform the global public health effort and influence decision makersAnalysing, demonstrating, and sharing local, regional and global public health lessons particularly gender and discriminationExamining the effective translation of
- Analysing, demonstrating, and sharing local, regional and global public health lessons particularly gender and discrimination
- Examining the effective translation of evidence based science into action
- Articulating and promoting the pivotal role of health in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Supporting and nurturing the next generation of public health leaders
- Building on the intent of the Kolkata Declaration 2015 and Global Charter for Public Health
- Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the WFPHA
- Celebrating World Health Day, 7 April 2017.