International Human Solidarity Day
An event every year that begins at 12:00 AM on of December, repeating indefinitely
International Human Solidarity Day is
- A day to celebrate our unity in diversity;
- A day to remind governments to respect their commitments to international agreements;
- A day to raise public awareness of the importance of solidarity;
- A day to encourage debate on the ways to promote solidarity for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals including poverty eradication;
- A day of action to encourage new initiatives for poverty eradication.
The new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) agenda is centred on people & planet, underpinned by human rights and supported by a global partnership determined to lift people out of poverty, hunger and disease. It will be thus be built on a foundation of global cooperation and solidarity.
- United Nations Headquarters, New York, NY, United States
- United Nations Headquarters, New York, NY, United States United States + Google Map